Saturday, October 30, 2010

Baking & Poetry



"Love Goes Toward Love, as schoolboys from their books;
But love from love, toward school with heavy looks."
                                                                Romeo and Juliet




So, I have been having this desire to eat a cupcake lately. I keep getting glimpses of all different kinds of cupcakes (recently, we were at the mall and I saw some adorable cupcakes at Cinnabon, like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and red velvet). So I decided to have a baking night. So I grabbed my apron, my camera, and my book of recipes and got to work. Little did I know that 3 hrs. later I would be literally swimming in cupcakes and frosting. (I went a little overboard) Anyway I made vanilla and chocolate cupcakes. The chocolate cupcakes were actually german chocolate without the special frosting. (My sister really wanted cream cheese frosting) After looking at these pictures you will probably be curious why the rest of my house is a complete disaster. Well, our kitchen is being redone and so everything is out of place. We are finally getting rid of the pink tile (which you will see in the pictures). It is a much anticipated occasion when it will be finished. So I used our downstairs oven, yes we have a downstairs oven, because the previous owners were idiots when they designed this 1960’s home. It is ridiculous. Anyway it is the cutest little green oven that totally looks like one of the first ever modern ovens. Its ugly but at the same time, vintage. 





No comments:

Post a Comment