Monday, January 24, 2011

A Woman Is As Old As She Looks Before Breakfast





My favorite two meals of the day are breakfast and dessert. And since it is still the morning, I will force the dessert idea out of my head. So breakfast. So many breakfast key pieces that rock my world. And with my new year's resolution to eat healthier and less, I have been keeping my resolution and my love for breakfast. I have three breakfast ideas I am dying to share with you.


1. Oatmeal. So I have never like oatmeal but recently I have discovered my passion for it. Except I add my own personal glory. 
    First Make the Oatmeal, by taking 1/2 cup of oats and 1 cup milk and put it in the microwave for 2 min depending on the strength of the microwave until the mixture has thickened. Then add a tablespoon of brown sugar and stir in, and finally add a handful of Craisins for a tart sweet. It is a healthy idea for breakfast that taste's divine.  (Another variation, if don't like craisins, is to add dried cherries with  some cherry jam, I haven't tried it yet, but I will soon)




2.  Mini Bagel. I looked into the whole Bagel Thins but was dissapointed when i realized that they were $3 for only a couple while the smaller versions of bagels, I got more for my money. So I took one mini bagel and added Garden Vegtable Cream Cheese. With a cup of milk and a banana it is a great way to start the day. 




3. Eggs.  After watching 'Runaway Bride' I wondered to myself "What Kind of Eggs do I Like?" Well, I have decided on a simple combination. I like my eggs scrambled with a handful of shredded four cheese blend and a handful of mushrooms. 


So whether you like any of my favorite healthy breakfast meals, I am sticking to my resolution and starting the new year off right. I have found major inspiration from "Shape" Magaazine and from my new favorite cook Ellie Krieger. I currently have ordered all of her books from the library and will shortly be  looking through for great recipes, which isn't hard when they all look so good. 


Bon Apetit 
Elisabeth Adele

1 comment: