Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Puddles and Pictures

Preposterous! It has been around a year since I have posted anything on this blog. This is due to the fact that I was drowning in my life, filled with essays and homework. I told myself that it didn't really matter that I was not writing anything about my life, yet I realized it does. I had a revelation a week ago, telling myself "Elisabeth, You should start blogging again." It was astounding because I had said no so many times, and then I was just desperate to get it on paper. So here I am on a Tuesday night, with the forecast predicting snow, and I am typing away and it feels amazing. 

There are so many things I want to say, so I am going to just dive right in. I am obsessed with taking pictures. My family and friends ask me all the time, "Do you really want to take a picture of that? why?" and I repeatedly answer with something like its the memory that counts, I want to remember this exact moment, and exact day so a billion years from now I can look back on them and say "Those were the good old days" in a typical baby boomer sort of way. 

This morning I woke up around 4:30, my brain still two hours earlier after my family and I's trip to Costa Rica. (It was absolutely stunning, btw, pics will be coming) I had to run so many errands today and of course it is raining so I grabbed my most durable boots and layered up. 


Here are some random pictures to suit my fancy from this month!



Amazing Clouds on the Plane


Intricate Painting of a Butterfly by a master

No makeup, no worries, just plain sunshine


The Most Delicious Rice I have ever Tasted (Arroz Con Avion)


Sitting by the pool, watching the sunset


The amazing patters of Costa Rican Tile



No comments:

Post a Comment